I am a fourth year PhD student in the Bioinformatics and Systems Biology program. I primarily study systems theory and develop modeling methods and computational approaches to study intracellular metabolite concentrations with applications in transfusion medicine. My research attempts to answer three fundamental questions:
- What physiological states are possible?
- How do these states behave?
- Why do these behaviors manifest themselves?
Using modeling approaches that span different timescales, we can provide the framework for identifying, computing, and understanding systems-level properties.
2013, B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- A Bordbar*, JT Yurkovich*, G Paglia, O Rolfsson, O Sigurjonsson, and BO Palsson. Elucidating dynamic metabolic physiology through network integration of quantitative time-course metabolomics. Scientific Reports (2017).
- JT Yurkovich*, L Yang*, and BO Palsson. Biomarkers are Used to Predict Quantitative Metabolite Concentration Profiles in Human Red Blood Cell. PLOS Computational Biology (2017).
- L Yang*, JT Yurkovich*, CJ Lloyd, A Ebrahim, MA Saunders, and BO Palsson. Principles of proteome allocation are revealed using proteomic data and genome-scale models. Scientific Reports (2016).
- D Waltemath et al. Toward community standards and software for whole-cell modeling. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering (2016).
- JT Yurkovich and BO Palsson. Solving Puzzles With Missing Pieces: The Power of Systems Biology. Proceedings of the IEEE (2016).
- L Yang*, J Tan*, E O'Brien, J Monk, D Kim, H Li, P Charusanti, A Ebrahim, C Lloyd, JT Yurkovich, B Du, A Draeger, A Thomas, Y Sun, M Saunders, and BO Palsson. Systems biology definition of the core proteome of metabolism and expression is consistent with high-throughput data. PNAS (2015).
- I Tolbatov, P Bartl, JT Yurkovich, P Scheier, DM Chipman, S Denifl, S Ptasinska. Monocarbon cationic cluster yields from N2/CH4 mixtures embedded in He nanodroplets and their calculated binding energies. J. Chem. Phys. 140 (2014) 034316.
- S Ptasinska, I Tolbatov, P Bartl, JT Yurkovich, B Coffey, DM Chipman, C Leidlmair, H Schobel, P Scheier, NJ Mason. Electron impact on N2/CH4 mixtures in He droplets – Probing chemistry in Titan’s atmosphere. RSC Advances 2 (2012) 10492.
(* - Equal contribution)
Email Address: email@example.com